[Trombone-l] Passing of Charlie Small

Eric Eric at proinstrumentrepair.com
Wed Apr 19 22:22:38 CDT 2017

Oh man!  So sad to hear!I was fortunate enough to be able to play in a trombone ensemble he conducted when I lived in Mesa.Incredible arrangements!
Rest in Peace Charlie!
Thanks for posting Frank!!

Eric

Eric Edwards
Professional Instrument Repair
972.795.5784

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded"
"The wise man, when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks"
"If you must choose between two evils,  choose the one you haven't tried yet."
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles
-------- Original message --------From: Frank Darmiento <frankdarmiento at yahoo.com> Date: 4/19/17  8:53 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: trombone-l at trombonelist.org Subject: [Trombone-l] Passing of Charlie Small
It is with great sadness that I report the death of my good friend, Charlie Small. He died a few days ago due to complications from a stroke. For those not aware, Charlie was one of the most significant trombonists of the 20th century. You can find a detailed biography of Charlie at: trombonistcharliesmall.tumblr.com

I believe he was 90 years old. For those in the Phoenix area there will be a memorial service at V at Grayhawk, 7501 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona on 4/29 at 2:00 p.m.

Frank Darmiento