[Trombone-l] Fw: Passing of Charlie Small - follow up

Frank Darmiento frankdarmiento at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 13:10:14 CDT 2017

   There's a wonderful tribute to Charlie by Erik Ketcherside at:  https://medium.com/@rathfulman/yards-and-yards-of-velvet-e3ed91d4c97d
----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Frank Darmiento <frankdarmiento at yahoo.com>
 To: "trombone-l at trombonelist.org" <trombone-l at trombonelist.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:53 PM
 Subject: Passing of Charlie Small

It is with great sadness that I report the death of my good friend, Charlie Small. He died a few days ago due to complications from a stroke. For those not aware, Charlie was one of the most significant trombonists of the 20th century. You can find a detailed biography of Charlie at: trombonistcharliesmall.tumblr.com

I believe he was 90 years old. For those in the Phoenix area there will be a memorial service at V at Grayhawk, 7501 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona on 4/29 at 2:00 p.m.

Frank Darmiento