[Trombone-l] Passing of Charlie Small

Frank Darmiento frankdarmiento at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 20:53:33 CDT 2017

It is with great sadness that I report the death of my good friend, Charlie Small. He died a few days ago due to complications from a stroke. For those not aware, Charlie was one of the most significant trombonists of the 20th century. You can find a detailed biography of Charlie at: trombonistcharliesmall.tumblr.com

I believe he was 90 years old. For those in the Phoenix area there will be a memorial service at V at Grayhawk, 7501 E. Thompson Peak Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona on 4/29 at 2:00 p.m.

Frank Darmiento