[Trombone-l] Bach mouthpiece historical chart?

Raymond Horton horton.raymond at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:41:58 CDT 2023

Some years back, I presume from the Vincent Bach company, I picked up a
very interesting chart that I can no longer find. It showed several Bach
mouthpieces, and the players for whom they were designed. I had tended to
think that they were mouthpieces made systematically at different sizes and
was unaware that the most popular ones, like the 6 1/2 AL and 7C, were
actually designed for some other famous players of the past! Does anyone
know what I’m talking about, and have access to it online or on paper
anywhere?

Thanks for any help!

Raymond Horton
Composer/Arranger
Minister of Music,
Edwardsville (IN) United Methodist Church
Retired Bass Trombonist,
Louisville Orchestra, 1970-2016