[Trombone-l] Any info about Gary Carney?

Craig Parmerlee craig at parmerlee.com
Sun Jul 24 15:44:58 CDT 2022

I have what I believe is an unpublished song attributed to trombonist
Gary Carney (titled "Riffles.")  It was written for combo, and I believe
it would have been from the 1970s when he was n LA because it came by
way of singer Larry Greene, recently deceased.

I play in a big band that turned this into a full big band chart that is
more-or-less our theme song.  I should have asked Larry for the history
of this tune.

If I have my wires straight, Gary moved to Columbus, OH and was active
in the Columbus Jazz Orchestra until his death in 2009.  If anybody can
add to the story, I would appreciate it.