[Trombone-l] “Returning champion!”

Raymond Horton horton.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 18:38:51 CST 2020

Put this under two categories: “Be ready” and “don’t wait for deadlines!”
If you are a regular visitor here, you may recall that last June I had what was the highlight of my summer: I was invited to appear virtually as the “Houseband” on my favorite podcast “Nobody listens to Paula Poundstone”.

A day after Thanksgiving, I got an email requesting my appearance as a “recurring champion!” for December 15. The MP3s had to be turned in by last Thursday, December third. But I knew what I was doing, and put them together (Christmas tunes of varying lengths) in a couple of days and sent them in , Pushing the last “Send” on the morning of Tuesday.  By Wednesday night I was in intensive care, With hey bad UTI that developed into pneumonia. Very glad I got that done early!

Raymond Horton
Composer/Arranger
Minister of Music,
Edwardsville (IN) United Methodist Church
Retired Bass Trombonist,
Louisville Orchestra, 1970-2016