[Trombone-l] Shoulder replacements

Ralph Whitfield Jr. ralphjr at thewhitfields.com
Mon Dec 2 21:21:51 CST 2019

Fellow bone aficionados...

Friday night as I was taking out the trash I fell and stumbled into my wife’s car. The result: I hit my head and broke my right shoulder. The doc says it is so bad it will require a complete replacement...the only question is will he use the existing parts to rebuild my shoulder or will he punt and put in a reverse shoulder...(socket on the arm bone and the ball on the shoulder.)

Anybody on the list had this kind of surgery?  What was the recovery time? Lasting effects???

Let’s start a conversation on this type of surgery...I’ve already had to punt 2 gigs because of this. And , yes, it hurts like hell!! My surgery will be Thursday.

Thanks,

Ralph

Ralph W. Whitfield, Jr.
Bass Trombone, Gadsden Symphony Orchestra
Founder of Grand Avenue Brass
Owner of Rainbow Brass Music co.
"Trombonist by Nature, Engineer by Necessity!"