[Trombone-l] Elvis in hawaii - bass trombone

LINDA LANDIS drbach6 at aol.com
Sat Mar 5 11:51:54 CST 2022

I play bass bone for a few people, jazz and orchestral, and they like the bass bone to be very prominent! It can sound like overkill to so many, but we do what’s asked of us. One even asked me to play a great big fat juicy pedal G on 2 ensemble rests in St. Louis Blues March during a Civic Band concert and when I did it, the band didn’t know it was going to happen, and everyone in front of me literally jumped out of their seats.  LOL! But it’s what he wanted! He had the biggest smile on his face when that happened. I also got dirty looks from some of the people in the band, but I told them later he told me to do that. Every time we play it.

Linda Landis, Lead Trombone Columbus Jazz Orchestra, Columbus Symphony, Private Teacher