[Trombone-l] Elvis in hawaii - bass trombone

Jeff Albert jeff at jeffalbert.com
Fri Mar 4 21:53:51 CST 2022

I took a little Mardi Gras vacation to Memphis this week, and was listening
to Elvis on the way. I played the Aloha Hawaii (Live via Satellite) 1973
album on Apple Music. The bass trombone is…how do I say…quite prominent in
a few spots. To the point that I was wondering if there was something wrong
with my speakers.

Does anyone have any insight or stories about who was in that orchestra or
how this mix ended up getting used? It is a trip.

-Jeff

*Jeff Albert *
+1 (504) 315-5167 (Signal/SMS/Mobile)
*www.jeffalbert.com <http://www.jeffalbert.com>*