[Trombone-l] Shoulder impingement

Gary Sloane gary.sloane at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 13 19:21:36 CST 2022

 An MRI can reveal structural/functional problems that even the best chiropractor or physical therapist cannot. Assuming that something like shoulder cuff surgery is not indicated, diagnostic imaging can suggest what therapies, manipulations or exercises would help and which might cause further damage.

FWIW, although we have lots of experience with chiropractic, yoga, acupuncture, and physical therapy, my wife had the surgery, and it was successful. I got evaluated and found that my condition didn't warrant the surgery (which I didn't want anyway) but that some exercises I was doing were making it worse.

YMMV, of course. Good luck whatever you decide.