[Trombone-l] 11 challenging 2nd trombone orchestral excerpts

Michael Sanders michaelsanders6 at q.com
Tue Mar 23 06:03:15 CDT 2021

Second and third parts are essential parts of the music in all orchestras and symphonic bands.  I went 47 years without playing until the opportunity presented itself here in Utah.  I found that playing third was too difficult for me and have been playing second trombone since then.  I remember in high school everyone wanted to play the first part and there was a lot of jealousy so I switched instruments and played baritone my last year.  I find nothing wrong with playing the second part.  It is challenging and I enjoy it.