[Trombone-l] Wide Receiver Overdub

Jim Nova jim at jimnova.com
Fri Jan 8 11:53:17 CST 2021

Wide Receiver Overdub

Only recently did I find out that the NBC NFL football theme, “Wide Receiver” was written by John Williams! So of course I got a score and did a trombone ensemble arrangement!! This is kind of “minimalist” for me with only 5 trombone parts (1 alto, 2 tenors, 2 basses) and snare and field drums. Huge thanks to my friend, Pittsburgh Symphony Associate Principal Percussionist, Jeremy Branson, for helping me with this overdub (I don’t play drums very well…). As we start NFL playoffs this weekend, GO STEELERS!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks as I’ve expanded this arrangement and am designing a fun video involving my other Shires Trombone NFL buddies:

Joe Alessi
Megan Boutin
Justin Cook
Brian Hecht
Ross Holcombe
Martin McCain
Alexis Smith
Nate Zgonc

Will be epic!!

https://soundcloud.com/jimnova/wide-receiver <https://soundcloud.com/jimnova/wide-receiver>

James Nova
Trombone - Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Brass Area Coordinator and Adjunct Trombone Faculty - Duquesne University
Brass Coach - Three Rivers Young Peoples Orchestras
jimnova.com