[Trombone-l] What is it? Soprano Trombone or Slide Trumpet?

Jim Preston jpreston1 at cox.net
Sat Mar 21 09:19:40 CDT 2020

There is a slide trumpet that is different from what we know as a
trombone. Here are links to videos of different types of slide trumpets.
My personal preference is to refer to these types of instruments as
slide trumpets, and the ones shaped like a trombone as soprano trombone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFxCAdX6-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZFDhFBFHck

Jim Preston