[Trombone-l] Ray is on a podcast!

Raymond Horton horton.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:28:25 CDT 2020

I am extremely proud to announce that I am the “house band“ on the episode of the podcast “Nobody Listens to Paula Poundstone” that was released today!
The weekly podcast always has a one person instrumental house band, whether it be a contrabassoonist, bagpiper or what have you. (This was dictated partially by the small studio in which it was originally recorded, and has continued during the separation imposed by the pandemic). I have been a big fan of the podcast for quite some time and volunteered through email
a few weeks ago. This episode is not quite as funny as moat, perhaps, but it is definitely worth your listen!
There are one or two oddities about the music that I submitted and how they used it. Number one, I am identified as a bass trombone player, but most of the clips are on euphonium, with a few on bass trombone and a couple on tuba. There is also a little inside joke for regular listeners of the podcast in the music I chose for the opening, which I hoped the hosts would
pick up on but they did not: Paula has made up a simple song to try to help her remember her weekly vocabulary word, and cohost Adam Felber has pointed out that her song sounds a great deal like “Lullaby of Broadway” - so that is what I played!
For some of my more
straight laced  friends: The show contains some coarse language, and definitely some liberal politics, so consider yourself warned!
You can find it wherever podcasts are available, or here is a link: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/maximumfunorg/nobody-listens-to-paula-poundstone

Raymond Horton
Composer/Arranger
Minister of Music,
Edwardsville (IN) United Methodist Church
Retired Bass Trombonist,
Louisville Orchestra, 1970-2016