[Trombone-l] Selling accessories

Craig Parmerlee craig at parmerlee.com
Mon May 27 15:20:10 CDT 2019

Personally I would never buy anything from anybody on Facebook.  There
are no protections whatsoever and you have no assurance who anybody is.
I made the mistake of buying something in response to a Facebook ad last
year.  The ad was very well done.  It looked like a professional outfit.

It turned out to be one sleazy guy in San Diego and had connections to
important products from China. He would gather up 6 weeks of orders and
then place his order to China.  I eventually gut the stuff after 5
months and it was complete crap -- nothing like the ad.  There really
isn't any recourse on Facebook.

At least with eBay, there is a system of building a positive reputation
as a buyer or seller, and an organization in place to help resolve any
problems.