[Trombone-l] Stuffiness

Earl Needham earl.kd5xb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 00:06:11 CDT 2019

My wife plays trumpet.  She has a nice Bach Strad in B flat, and an Olds in
C.  She complains the Olds is "stuffy" and difficult to play, while she
does OK with the Bach.

Do I remembr right, that opening up the bore and/or back bore of the
mouthpiece will take stuffiness out of a horn?  What can I do to help her?
She wants to play hymns at church, and the C trumpet would make it a lot
easier.  Well, somewhat easier.  (Says the guy who plays C parts, T.C
parts, B flat parts, etc...on trombone.  But no F parts.  Yet.)

Thanks,
Earl
Clovis, NM USA