[Trombone-l] Laskey goes global

Craig Parmerlee craig at parmerlee.com
Fri Jun 14 12:05:34 CDT 2019

What does this mean?  The Kanstul website shows no indication of
shutting down.  If BAC acquired the inventory, wouldn't that bear the
Kanstul name?

I wonder what would be the point of acquiring the products without the
name.  I could see acquiring the tooling at the right price.  Kanstul
made a lot of marching brass and bugles.  If BAC wanted to carry on in
that market, then the tooling would be the key thing.  But the last time
I visited BAC, they certainly didn't have the scale for that.  It was a
relatively small workshop making horns one at a time.  Maybe that has
changed a lot in recent years.

Or maybe the game plan is to keep the Kanstul name alive with a Chinese
plant building the horns.  In that case, I would have expected the
tooling to go to the China plant.  This isn't making a lot of sense to me.

Anybody have any further insights here?