[Trombone-l] Portable music stand recommendations?

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Fri Dec 20 17:22:34 CST 2019

John Wasson wrote:

> Who has a good recommendation these days for a good strong
> light portable music stand suitable for travel?

For nearly 10 years I've been using the Desca "Presto" Folding Music Stand:

	https://www.descahome.com/

	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB1oRiYxvFA

Extremely compact when folded up, light to transport (with a built-in
handle). Built-in shelf for smaller accessories, strong enough to hold my
jazz band's 4-inch lead sheet binders. I also use it when performing with
other groups, including our community Orchestra/

Jim O'Briant
Principal Tuba, South Valley Symphony Orchestra
	www.SouthValleySymphony.org
Music Director / Staff Arragner, The Pacific Brass Band
	www.PacificBrassBand.org
Tuba & Leader, the Zinfandel Stompers Vintage Jazz Band
Tuba, Earl Scheelar's Zenith Jazz Band