[Trombone-l] My latest overdub...

Jim Nova jim at jimnova.com
Mon Sep 24 08:34:17 CDT 2018

Han solo was my boyhood hero. His swagger and confidence, his humor, his sense of adventure, and ultimately…his often misguided honor: all traits, I wanted as a kid.

Some of my first Star Wars memories were of seeing the Empire Strikes Back and thinking, “I hope Han Solo survives the carbonate!”

My latest overdub is of the music in the soundtrack to "Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens" titled “the Star Killer” but it’s most potent as what we hear as Han Solo dies at the hands of his own son… So many years after seeing “Empire” his death in “The Force Awakens” was like someone reached into my childhood self, and silenced a little part of me…  Another powerful moment, made infinitely more powerful, by John Williams…

https://soundcloud.com/jimnova/the-starkiller-han-solos-death/s-os6yI

James Nova
Trombone - Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Brass Coordinator and Adjunct Trombone Faculty - Duquesne University
Brass Coach - Three Rivers Young Peoples Orchestras
jimnova.com