[Trombone-l] Trombone Solo in movie "Three Little Words"

Raymond Horton horton.raymond at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 11:47:04 CST 2018

I recorded this movie back in July off TCM and I'm just I'm now getting to
watch it. it's Fred Astaire and Red Skelton in a biography of the
songwriters Kalmar and Ruby. In a scene about 1 hour and 8 minutes into the
movie, Astaire is dancing with Vera-Ellen to the song "Thinking of You".
There is a short trombone solo going up to a high D that is among the most
beautiful  playing I've ever heard.  It sounds an awful what like Dorsey
himself, but that may be because the lick sounds like a little bit of IGSOY
(F# B C# D C# etc). Anyway, any way of finding out who this was, or does
anybody know?

Cute movie, by the way. Vera-Ellen's dancing is beautiful and amazing.

​Raymond Horton
Composer, Arranger
Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) United Methodist Church
Retired Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra, 1971-2016
Visit us at rayhortonmusic.com