[Trombone-l] Favorite quartets

ralphjr at thewhitfields.com ralphjr at thewhitfields.com
Tue Mar 14 15:52:19 CDT 2017

General question for the group...

What are your favorite trombone quartets?

I was talking with our favorite list leader a while back and mentioned
one of my favorites, "Achieved is the Glorious Work" and he had never
heard of it!  It has been a staple in my trombone playing life since the
70's.

What are your favorites?  And if you can articulate why, please do so.
I'm thinking of going on a buying spree and getting some new ones.

Thanks,

Ralph

Ralph W. Whitfield, Jr. Bass Trombone, Gadsden Symphony Orchestra 2nd
Trombone, Rome (Ga.) Symphony Orchestra "Trombonist by nature, engineer
by
necessity."