[Trombone-l] MsLily (shameless promotion)

Denton Thomas denton at dentonlt.com
Mon Jul 17 06:35:29 CDT 2017

Admittedly slim on trombone content, but for those looking to jot down bits
of music:

I've never had a digital tool that I thought was fast enough that I could
jot down a few notes in a lesson (from a teacher, for a student), or write
out a few exercises quick enough that it wasn't troublesome. I used Finale
in university and for many years, but it's quite big if I just want to
write down a lip slurring passage, or an exercise, or a short melody ...

So ... I've written something else that I'm using now instead:

www.dentonlt.com/mslily

Basically, write music notation natively in MS Word. I'd be happy to hear
if anyone else would find this useful. And I still have lots of grad school
loans to pay off!

Happy practising ~

Denton

--