[Trombone-l] Houser mouthpieces

Craig Parmerlee craig at parmerlee.com
Thu Feb 23 10:38:08 CST 2017

I wonder if anybody has any insight into the Houser mouthpieces.

They made a line of "velocity" one-piece mouthpieces a few years back. I
thought some of these were terrific. They were easy to play, very
sound-efficient.  I can survive on a long gig with these mouthpieces
much better than with most mouthpieces.

But they they just stopped production. The website has indicated new
production is imminent, but that has been the case for years now. At one
point, they talked of a new line of modular mouthpieces, but it seems
they are concentrating mostly on French horn and some tuba.

As good as these mouthpieces were, I am surprised they didn't continue
production. The same thing happened a few years earlier with the
Titanovation mouthpieces.

Just curious.