[Trombone-l] Trombone-l Digest, Vol 9, Issue 7

mlsanders3 at juno.com mlsanders3 at juno.com
Wed Aug 23 18:21:55 CDT 2017

I started in the 8th grade on a rented Holton.  The next year my grandmother bought me a King Liberty 2B.  My band director, B. H. Walker prized the 2B above everything else and recommended it.  I still have the 2B and play it.  Several years ago I stumbled on a Bach Model 6-IV made in 1936 at a thrift store for $70.00.  My trombone teacher, Dr Call at BYU has tried to buy it from me but I won't let him have it.(:  Recently I found a Conn 50H on Ebay for less than $200.00 in really good condition.  While it isn't a professional horn it is good enough for me to learn to play the bass trombone.  I am not a professional and went 47 years without playing until I joined a community band in American Fork, Utah.  That is my story.