[Trombone-l] Your first trombone?

Sam Louke sam.louke at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:36:29 CDT 2017

My first recollection is a Conn Director in 6th grade in 1967. In high
school I got a Conn 88H. In college at UC Santa Barbara I borrowed the
school's Bach 50B for jazz band and continued to use the 88H for band and
orchestra. In my senior year I bought a roommate's Bach 42B. In the 80's I
had it completely overhauled and stripped and re-lacquered and a couple of
years ago the Slide Dr. did his magic and I still have and play it! 15 years
ago I also bought a Getzen 3062 custom bass bone and still use it, too.

Whew, amazing I still remember all that!

Sam Louke