[Trombone-l] [FILTERED-UNSURE] Your first trombone?

Sable Cantus sable at cantus.us
Tue Aug 22 23:39:45 CDT 2017

A friend gave me his Old's Ambassador. It was in poor shape. The slide barely moved, and I thought covering it in cream would make it better. I complained about that horn but still took it to college with me. Doubled on it with Euphonium. One day I was griping, as teens do, about how I would play better if I had a better horn. My teacher Stu played the passage on the horn in tune with a good tone. He said, "the slide could use some work."

:-)